Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Steampunk... Smashing Pumpkins

Embedding has been disabled on this really beautiful video, so you'll have to look it up for yourself. It is the music video for "Tonight, Tonight" by the Smashing Pumpkins. Really, go watch it now. Here are stills to tempt you!


To be honest, the music doesn't impress me in particular. But the music video impresses me VERY much. Isn't it beautiful? And shockingly familiar (see yesterday's post).

Notice that they added a girl. This is always a good idea, I think. It is my understanding that a lot of film adaptations of Jules Verne books add a heroine where there was none. Similarly, the original Trip to the Moon has only male participants, but the Smashing Pumpkins took a girl. And why? Because she has lovely clothing that is fun to look at! I am glad when people realize how important it is to have a well-dressed heroine.

No comments:

Post a Comment