Sunday, February 28, 2010

Post-Steampunk Ball, and 1960s Clothes

The Steampunk Ball was lovely, and all sorts of wonderful people came. I ought to be more on top of things and take pictures of wonderful people in good clothing, but that did not happen. Perhaps I will find some pictures to steal from somewhere, because a lot of the outfits were really great.

Then today I spent some time with some very nice friends from Sarah Lawrence who had come down for the event. We went to the garment district, and I bought a fantastic beige dress. It is very late 1950s to early 1960s, and has a little jacket. When I have my midterms a little more under control I will have to take some pictures of it. A little while ago, I watched the movie An Education. It had serious plot and serious messages and all that, but I just kept seeing pretty clothing and hairstyles (it being set in the 1960s). What beautiful things to look at! Seriously, I usually go for the earlier fuller skirts, but this makes me want gorgeous 1960s clothes and hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment